If your reading this post you’ve probably heard about Cocavo, and if you’ve heard about Cocavo your probably well aware of it’s incredible health promoting benefits (if not, get clued up on Cocavo health benefits here - https://cocavo.co.nz/news/cocavo_benefits). But even knowing how good this oil is for you, you may still be unsure of how to include such a powerful superfood into your everyday life. If so, you’ve come to the right place! We are about to dig deep and find a few of the nifty and versatile ways of including this beautiful and healing oil into our everyday lives.
- High smoke point: This oil has a very high smoke point, meaning cooking with it is A-okay as heat wont tamper the healing components of this oil. Swap alternative oils like sunflower, canola or soybean which can become harmful when used with heat, or swap for other saturated fats like butter or lard which can increase bad cholesterol (the LDL) which can clog arteries and cause harm to the cardiovascular system when consumed in high quantities. One of the best things about Cocavo is its texture! The silky smooth buttery texture that can be used just the same as butter or other oils in cherished cooking recipes can be replaced seamlessly with the delicious and health promoting oil. I use Cocavo light or original for all my baking, or even to spread over toast or freshly baked scones (it’s such an simple swap from butter), and I often use the infused Cocavo oils for other cooking like rubbing over vegetables before roasting, or for adding flavour when frying things like quesadillas or kale chips. The oil really does prove itself to be so very versatile when it comes to cooking. You can totally swap out any other oils and replace them with Cocavo with all your cooking. So simple, and so YUM!
- Bulletproof coffee: If your anything like me, you love to start your day off with that extra pinch of caffeine pizazz. Your morning ritual of a delicious invigorating coffee! If you’re wondering what a bulletproof coffee is, you’ve come to the right place! It’s the addition of a highly saturated fat (like cream, butter, or coconut oil) into your coffee. This addition means the caffeine is released slowly into your body, which creates a longer lasting gradual energy increase, instead of an intense and too shortly lived caffeine lift, which can leave you feeling depleted and often wanting another caffeine hit to feel energised again (too much coffee can lead to adrenal fatigue). Since adding high fats into my coffees, my daily coffee count has decreased and I feel energised for longer. Bulletproof coffee is a perfect way to include the health promoting and delicious high fats of Cocavo into your daily routine. I usually add a teaspoon of Cocavo to a cup of hot coffee and either stir it in with a spoon or use a Nutri-bullet to whizz all the goodness together, which creates a latte-looking colour and a silky foam on the top of the coffee. Mmm, deeelicious!!!
- Mouthwash alternative (Cocavo pulling): You may be familiar with the idea of mouthwash, it helps to remove plaque and bad breathe forming bacteria just by swishing it around your mouth. Using Cocavo has the same effects as more chemically created mouthwashes, but with a completely natural approach. The easiest way to use Cocavo as a mouthwash is to do daily Cocavo teeth pulls. Use a teaspoon of Cocavo (light or original) and place it in your mouth after you’ve finished brushing your teeth, swish it around your gums and mouth for at least 5 minutes, or longer (I usually do a Cocavo pull in the shower for multi-tasking time efficiency), then spit it out and wash your mouth with a cup of warm water. You will notice your teeth feel much smoother and look shiner. Your gums will be so grateful for the healing oil rinse and the bad breathe causing bacteria will be removed from your mouth, meaning you can go about your day with a shiny beautiful smile and confidence that your breathe smells great. Such a simple and effective hygiene routine to include into your day.
- Rub Cocavo on your body: Warming a small amount of Cocavo (original or light) between your hands makes it go a long way. I use Cocavo morning and night on my face as part of my daily face cleansing routine, it acts as a great moisturiser and helps to rejuvenate cell regeneration, meaning your skin looks youthful and fresh. I also rub melted Cocavo through the ends of my hair to help reduce split ends and it makes my hair look super silky and shiny and healthy. It also makes a beautiful all over moisturiser, just remember to melt it between your hands first. I’ve found the easiest way to add Cocavo as a moisturiser into my daily life is again, around shower time. After a shower and a dry off I rub Cocavo over my body, and I apply it to my face after I have cleansed and used a toner, then once my hair is a little dry, and still a little damp I scrunch the excess Cocavo on my hands through the ends of my hair. It’s the best way to start the day! Looking, smelling and feeling moisturised, beautiful and great!
- Re-using the Cocavo tubs: Cocavo uses recyclable tubs, so if you don’t want to keep the tubs once they’re empty for use at home, at least they are re-used and manufactured into other stuff. If you do want to re-use them in your home, I’ve found they are the perfect size for storing leftover foods, or storing dried goods in the pantry (just add a label for what you’ve put inside and date it). They have a great seal so there is no concern to a leak if your left overs are wet.